THE GLOBAL TRUTH CAMPAIGN AND TOUR
Since CHN’s founding, our aim has been to engage a critical mass of Black people in the journey toward emotional emancipation by August 2019, the 400th anniversary of the first recorded forced arrival of Africans in the United States; so that by 2020, we as a people will begin to see ourselves in a whole new light.
With August 2019 just around the corner, instead of hosting our Valuing Black Lives Global Summit in 2018, we are taking our message on the road to invite more Black people across the country and around the world to join us on this journey.
The Global Truth Campaign and Tour will launch in the Fall of 2018 from CHN’s birthplace of New Haven, CT. Its focus is emotional emancipation for Black children. We will engage Black parents, teachers, and leaders of community-based organizations in the work of freeing our children with the truth of their history, and the truth of their worth.
The Truth Tour will:
- Increase community awareness about the ways in which the anti-Black narrative continues to harm our children;
- Share strategies to help our children “defy the lie of Black inferiority and embrace the truth of Black humanity; and
- Foster an increased sense of hope that we can change the trajectory of the African Diaspora by taking the time to heal.
Joined by the Association of Black Psychologists, we will travel from city to city working with local, national, and international allies, and presenting a three-part program:
- A weekend retreat for Black parents and other Black adylts responsible for Black children;
- A half-day workshop for leaders of organizations serving Black children and families, particularly educational institutions, community-based organizations, and faith communities; and
- A Community Healer Awards event, recognizing leaders who have made extraordinary contributions to the global movement for emotional emancipation through their work at the local level.
We’ll follow up by building a global online community with resources to support people on the journey to emotional emancipation. Our initial list of Truth Tour cities includes (not in order):
- New Haven, CT
- Baltimore, MD
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Oakland, CA
- Portland, OR
- New York, NY
- Atlanta, GA
- Kingston, Jamaica
- Richmond, Virginia
- Accra, Ghana
- London, United Kingdom
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Toronto, Canada
At each stop, we will invite people to take the pledge to #DefyTheLie of Black Inferiority and #EmbraceTheTruth of Black humanity. We’ll also collect signatures endorsing our Call to the African Union and the Diaspora, to place the emotional freedom of our children at the top of the global Black community’s agenda.
People outside of the Tour cities can join the Truth Campaign by taking the pledge to Defy the Lie and Embrace the Truth and joining our online community.
We invite the participation of parents, teachers, activists, NGOs, community-based organizations, social entrepreneurs and investors, and concerned people in the United States and abroad.