Community Healing Network Core Values
1. Solidarity: We unapologetically celebrate Blackness in all its forms, and seek to deepen our understanding of our African cultural origins.
2. Empathy: We strive to act with compassion toward every person.
3. Respect: We strive to have all who encounter CHN feel cared for, encouraged, and uplifted.
4. Integrity: We strive to do our work in ways that honor our children and our ancestors. We will not be compromised or co-opted.
5. History: We strive to understand our past and present in order to shape our future.
6. Truth: We will always speak truth to power, but first, we will always speak truth to ourselves.
7. Agency: We know that only we can free our minds. We are in charge of writing our own narrative.